In this blog I will be showing you the ISP’s configuration. Though, I will not be doing a proper real-life-like implementation, rather keep it simple for the purpose of this lab’s main objective: redistribution.
I will, maybe, one day do a dedicated blog which will include ISP specific, design and configuration considerations.
As a reminder, this is part 2 of 5 as below:
- The Lab Scenario
- Configuring the ISPs Network (Internet)
- Configuring Company A
- Configuring Company B
- Achieving Full Connectivity
With no further due, let’s get into it.
Within the ISP I will have only two routers running BGP, namely R-11 and R-12. At this stage, I’m only concerned with internal connectivity within the AS and therefore, I will not configure yet the links to Company A and Company B respectively.
- The internal IGP is IS-IS
- The two border routers are running iBGP only (for now …)
- Each router is injecting a 200.100.X.0/24 address into the IGP